Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Melanie gets back to Annie's.
- Annie offers her some brandy; she seems to think a girl needs brandy after an evening with Mitch.
- They chat. Annie explains she used to live in San Francisco but came up to Bodega Bay for a weekend when Mitch invited her.
- The thing with Mitch didn't work, but she liked Bodega Bay, so she stayed. She and Mitch broke up a long time ago.
- Then, there's some tedious psychoanalyzing of Lydia; Annie thinks Lydia is possessive and pushes Mitch's girlfriends away.
- Annie says she came out to Bodega Bay to be near Mitch after they broke up, which seems a little stalker-y and weird, but Melanie doesn't comment.
- Mitch calls the house for Melanie to ask her again to come to Cathy's birthday party. Melanie agrees.
- Annie says she'll be there, too.
- There's a loud thump at the door.
- They open it to find a seagull that crashed into the door and killed itself.
- Annie says maybe the gull lost its way in the dark, but Melanie points out there's a full moon.
- They're ba-ack.