Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Back in the present, Hana finds a picture of young Almásy in his book, along with notes he's taken.
- It's one his notes about Katharine, which gets him flashbacking about her again.
- He told her to forget him, yet he's trying to seduce her again. Mixed messages, dude.
- This is during a Christmas party for soldiers in the desert, complete with a Santa Claus.
- Katharine pretends to faint, so that she can sneak off and get it on with Almásy.
- One of the ladies at the party thinks Katharine is pregnant, but she denies it.
- In she goes, up to Almásy's room. We don't think he's going to help her cool off.
- He undresses her as the men outside sing "Silent Night."
- After their rendezvous, Santa asks Almásy if he's seen Katharine! (He should ask if they've been naughty or nice…)
- Santa is Clifton, Katharine's husband, and he finds her resting in a dark corner.
- He says he'll take her home, but she wants to go home-home, back to England.
- That's not going to happen.
- He kisses her, and he thinks she smells like marzipan. We're guessing that Almásy's sweat smells like almonds?
More on The English Patient