Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The Arabs have put the burned man in a cave.
- A medicine man comes in and unwraps the burned man, like you'd peel the plastic off a stick of beef jerky.
- He rubs a soothing mud on the man's burned face…
- And we fast forward to October 1944, in Italy.
- Someone is interviewing the burned man, who looks less like Freddy Kruger now and more like Voldemort. Oh, hey Ralph Fiennes.
- The burned man doesn't remember his past very well.
- The pretty nurse from before offers him a sip of water.
- He admires how pretty she is through the one eye that isn't swollen shut.
- The burned man remembers a garden. He thinks he was married, and it was his wife's garden.
- But he doesn't remember much else before he became "a bit of toast." Spread some marmalade on him, he's done.
More on The English Patient