The English Patient Scene 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- After Caravaggio reveals Almásy's identity, we go into another flashback.
- Katharine is walking through a marketplace in Cairo.
- She's bought an afghan and Almásy tells her she's been cheated.
- He tries to continue conversing with her, but she leaves him.
- Later, all the men sit in a bar in their formal wear.
- The men go outside to sit with Katharine, because women aren't allowed in the bar.
- With Katharine now in the group, the men discuss that they're having trouble gathering funds for their expedition.
- All the men say that they're married… except Almásy, who is single.
- That night, there is a dance, and Almásy slow dances with Katharine while her husband looks on with jealousy in his eyes.
- Katharine wants to know why Almásy followed her from the market to the hotel.
- He said he felt obliged for her safety.
- Then they dance and he looks at her intently. She looks back intently. He looks back intently. The whole thing is pretty hot, to be honest.