Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The title card reads "Saturday" and we can sense that the craziness is starting to accelerate at the Overlook Hotel. The snow is now really, really bad.
- We see Jack working at his desk while in another room, Wendy tries the switchboard to get in contact with the rest of the world.
- It looks like the storm has knocked out communications though.
- So she tries the emergency radio and gets a hold of a local marshal, who tells her the phones will be knocked out for quite a while. He also advises her to keep the radio on at all times from now on.
- Now we go back to Danny, who's still riding his Big Wheel. He turns one of the corners and freezes when he sees the two creepy twin girls again.
- This time though, they speak to him and say, "Hello Danny." They also ask him the creepiest question ever, which is "Won't you come play with us?"
- While the girls ask their question, Danny can see flashes of the girls' butchered bodies and an axe lying on the floor.
- He covers his eyes to make them go away and sure enough, they do.
- Danny raises his finger and changes his voice, meaning that his imaginary friend Tony is about to start talking.
- Tony tells Danny to remember what Mr. Hallorann said, that looking at the images is like looking at pictures in a book and they aren't real.
More on The Shining