Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A new title card tells us that it's now Monday. Danny sits on the floor watching TV with his mom.
- Danny asks if he can go get his fire engine, but Wendy tells him to wait because his father is sleeping.
- Danny promises that he'll tiptoe and not make a sound.
- Danny heads up to the family apartment where his dad is supposed to be sleeping.
- But the guy is actually sitting on the edge of the bed and staring at the wall.
- Danny asks if he can get his fire engine, but Jack tells him to come over for a minute.
- Jack hugs Danny and kisses his head, asking him how everything is going.
- Danny says he's good and then asks Jack if he's feeling bad.
- He wants to know why Jack isn't asleep, but Jack says he can't sleep because he has too much to do.
- He asks Jack if he likes the hotel, and Jack says he loves it and that he wishes the family could stay there forever.
- Danny asks Jack if he would ever hurt him (Danny) or Wendy, but Jack doesn't know what he means.
- He wants to know if Wendy ever said he would hurt them, but Danny says no.
- Jack ends the scene by saying he'd never do anything to hurt Danny.
More on The Shining