Advertisement - Guide continues below
- We look in on a place called Durkin's garage, where a guy picks up the phone and talks to Hallorann.
- Hallorann wants to find a way up to the Overlook Hotel, but the roads are blocked so he'll need to take a Snow Cat machine.
- Hallorann makes the difficult drive all the way up to the service station where a Snow Cat is waiting for him.
- Everywhere he goes there are trucks and cars that have gone off the road.
- Back at the Overlook, Wendy and Danny sit watching TV.
- Wendy tells Danny to sit and watch cartoons while she goes to talk to Jack. But Danny will only answer her as Tony now.
- Wendy heads downstairs with a baseball bat and goes into the room where Jack's been doing most of his writing.
- She calls for him, but he doesn't answer.
- Wendy heads over to the typewriter to see what Jack has written, but all she finds is the line "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
- She heads over to the box where Jack keeps his manuscript and finds that Jack has typed out hundreds and hundreds of pages of this same line over and over.
- Jack walks in from behind Wendy and asks her how she likes his book so far.
- He starts walking toward her with a crazy look on his face.
- He wants to know what Wendy is doing in his office and keeps walking toward her.
- We flash back to Danny, who can see visions of blood and the word "Redrum" while he overhears his parents talking from a completely different part of the hotel.
- Jack asks Wendy what she thinks they should do with Danny.
- She says she thinks he should be taken to a doctor as soon as possible.
- Jack wants to know why Wendy is so concerned about Danny's health and not his.
- Jack goes off on a crazy speech about how he is responsible for the Overlook and will not leave until his contract is finished.
- Wendy starts waving the bat at Jack and telling him to stay away from her.
- Jack says he's not going to hurt her; he's just going to bash her brains in.
- He tells her to stop swinging the bat, but she doesn't listen. Instead, she cracks him right upside the head and he falls unconscious down the staircase.
More on The Shining