Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now that they're alone, Hallorann asks Danny if he knows how Mr. Hallorann knew his name was Doc.
- It's because they both have a give called "The Shining," which means they can communicate with just their minds.
- Danny says that Tony has told him he's not supposed to talk about it.
- Then he tells Mr. Hallorann about Tony. When Hallorann asks how Tony tells Danny things, Danny says that he sort of goes to sleep and Tony shows him things.
- Then when he wakes up, he can't quite remember everything.
- Hallorann wants to know if Tony has ever told Danny anything about the Overlook Hotel.
- But Danny asks if Hallorann is scared of the hotel and Hallorann says no. He says that the hotel just has a "shining" like some people do.
- Danny asks if there's anything bad at the hotel.
- Hallorann says that if something bad happens, it can leave behind a trace. He thinks that a lot of bad things have happened in the hotel over the years.
- Danny then asks about Room 237 because he knows Hallorann is scared of it.
- But Hallorann tells him to leave the room alone and stop thinking about it.
More on The Shining