Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas enter Fangorn and follow the trail of the orc and hobbits.
- The ents begin speaking to one another. Apparently Gimli upset them by raising his axe.
- Legolas senses Saruman's approach and they prepare to fight him before he's able to speak.
- But it's no use. He deflects their attacks and disarms them immediately.
- But wait a minute. It's not Saruman at all; it's Gandalf.
- Gandalf recounts the story of how he defeated the Balrog and then spent many lifetimes away from Middle-earth before awakening as a white wizard. We take it he's more powerful now.
- He tells them not to worry about Merry and Pippin, who have a role to play in the awakening of the ents.
- He calls his horse, the majestic Shadowfax, and they ride toward Rohan.
More on The Two Towers