- As everyone prepares to leave Edoras, Théoden says that this is not a defeat—they will surely return.
- Erwin is swinging a sword and Aragorn is impressed by her skill.
- Erwin is obviously someone who doesn't want to stand idly by. She may be a princess, but she's no damsel in distress.
- We see a long line of peasants moving out of Edoras. They have young and sick and aren't going so fast.
- Wormtongue tells Saruman that Théoden will likely flee to Helm's Deep.
- Saruman orders the warg riders be sent out to cut them off.