Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The preceding scene ends with a close up of a sewer underneath the great wall of Helm's Deep.
- We hear Saruman's voice and then see Saruman speaking to Wormtongue about this sewer, which he says is Helm's Deep's one weakness.
- We see him pouring out some black powder, making sure Wormtongue gives it a wide berth with the candle he's holding.
- Wormtongue insists that it would still take an army of thousands or tens of thousands to breach the impenetrable fortress.
- Saruman agrees, and then walks out to the balcony of his Orthanc and addresses the enormous army of orcs and uruk-hai he's been gathering. Wormtongue is stunned.
- He tells them to march to Helm's Deep and leave none alive. We have a feeling this is going to be a long night.
More on The Two Towers