- We're back with Faramir and the hobbits in the present. Gollum has been found and he's traipsing around in a sacred pool.
- Faramir threatens to kill him but Frodo tells him to wait.
- He goes down to Gollum and coaxes him out of the water, asking Gollum to trust him.
- As soon as Gollum gets out, Faramir's men bag him and rough him up a bit, then Faramir starts asking questions.
- Through Gollum's inner struggle with his second self (yup, Evil Gollum is back in action) Faramir learns that the hobbits have the Ring.
- Sam begs him to help Frodo, tells him they're going to Mordor to destroy it.
- But this is Faramir's chance for redemption. He says the Ring will go to Gondor.