Advertisement - Guide continues below
- With the cops on their tail and a huge helicopter in their faces, Thelma and Louise are barricaded in.
- The troopers and FBI agents pull out their guns, pointing them right at the Thunderbird.
- Hal, who has tagged along, is upset, noting the ridiculous amount of firepower aimed against these two women.
- Thelma and Louise talk inside the car. Louise refuses to surrender, and Thelma doesn't want to give up her freedom.
- Choking up, Thelma gestures toward the canyon, suggesting they keep going.
- Louise, recognizing what Thelma is suggestion, solemnly agrees, smooches her friend on the mouth and puts the pedal to the metal.
- Hal figures out what's about to happen and tries to chase after Thelma and Louise, but to no avail.
- Holding hands in their final farewell to the world, Thelma and Louise drive the car off the edge of the cliff.
- The frame freezes the car mid-air, and the film fades to a white screen.
- During the credits, moments of Thelma and Louise's various misadventures flash before the viewers' stunned, weepy eyes.