- Now we're with some men at a card game in a nearby pub.
- At stake? Tickets to get on the ship.
- A guy named Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his friend Fabrizio win the tickets on Jack's full house, and they have to run to make the ship.
- The ship departs, and Jack and Fabrizio go to find their rooms, which aren't super posh.
- Meanwhile, Rose and Cal are settling into some nice digs.
- Rose is arranging some modern paintings that Cal despises by "Something Picasso." Cal says he'll amount to nothing…
- We get a brief glimpse of someone named Molly Brown (Kathy Bates) arriving on the ship.
- Then, we cut to the next day, when the crew's bringing the Titanic up to cruising speed now that they're really at sea.
- We get a montage of shots around the ship as the crew works together to show what the giant ship can do.
- Jack and Fabrizio are running around to the front of the ship, still enjoying their luck at hitching a ride. Yes, "luck" is what they think this is. For now.
- They stare off the front of the ship, and then Jack does that famous "I'm the king of the world!" bit
- Now someone called Mr. Ismay is holding forth to Rose, Molly Brown, Rose's mother, and Cal about the Titanic at lunch.
- The ship builder, Mr. Andrews, is also there.
- Rose gets annoyed and sarcastic about Mr. Ismay's obsession with the Titanic's size, so she excuses herself.
- Up on the deck, Jack is drawing and making a new friend named Tommy Ryan. Suddenly, he spots Rose as she comes out from lunch.
- She spots him too.
- Tommy tells Jack to forget about her—he has no chance, Tommy says.
- Then, Jack sees Cal come back and force Rose back inside.