- Lovett gets a phone call, and it's the old woman, whose name is Rose Calvert.
- She asks him if he's found something called "The Heart of the Ocean."
- She announces that she is the woman in that drawing.
- Rose is being helicoptered onto the ship.
- Lovett's partner is yelling at him that this woman must be lying.
- However, Lovett counters that everyone else who knew about the diamond is dead or on that ship.
- Rose settles in and asks to see "her drawing."
- Lovett, Rose, and her granddaughter, Lizzy, talk about the diamond and its history.
- He asks if she's ready to go back to Titanic.
- Mr. Bodine, Lovett's partner, gives Rose a 3D graphic rendering of Titanic's sinking, ostensibly to prep her for relaying her version of events.
- It's a nice three-minute scientific overview of what we're about to witness over the course of three hours.
- Then Lovett asks for Rose's version of events.
- Rose looks at the images of the Titanic on the screens and is overcome with emotion, but she dives in, so to speak…
- Flashback time.
- The image of the sunken ship morphs into how it looked in 1912. It seems we've flashed back to the day Titanic left Southampton.
- A car drives up and a beautiful young girl (Kate Winslet) gets out.
- It's young Rose.
- She's with her mother and some other dude. She's not that impressed with the Titanic, and her boyfriend is exasperated. The party boards the ship.
- It seems that she wasn't real thrilled to be traveling that day…we're guessing she doesn't like her boyfriend that much