Advertisement - Guide continues below
- After the Paramount logo, the Top Gun theme starts playing. It sounds ominous, but also pretty awesome. We're getting ready for something cool, we just know it.
- A small paragraph appears on screen. In 1969, apparently Navy realized that aerial combat just wasn't what it should be.
- A school was created to teach the "lost art of dog fighting." It's called Fighter Weapons school but the pilots call it…
- …Top Gun.
- This school is real folks, and you can read a little about it right here if you're in the mood.
- We're now on an aircraft carrier. It appears to be near dusk, and the deck is shrouded in exhaust, smoke, and mist.
- Carrier staff can be seen preparing planes for takeoff as the music slowly builds.
- As soon as planes start taking off one of the movie's most popular song starts playing: Kenny Loggins's, "Danger Zone."
- Planes take off and land during the sequence, and the scene is nothing short of exhilarating.
More on Top Gun