Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Maverick is waiting for an elevator. He's just finished working out.
- When he gets in the elevator, Charlie is in there, with a hat on.
- She tells him that she's going to be honest with him. While the MiG is important to her work, she doesn't normally invite students over.
- Is this her way of saying she likes him? Why can't she just spit it out?
- She tells Maverick that she still has a job to do.
- This must be her way of saying, essentially, "I'm gonna take a chance on you, but keep in mind I work here."
- Before she can say more, a guy enters, momentarily relieving the tension. "Take My Breath Away" is playing again.
- When the guy leaves, Maverick approaches, and gets really, really close to Charlie.
- She seems thrilled, and also seems to be waiting for a kiss.
- Maverick, being the smooth operator he is, declines to kiss her.
- Instead he smiles, looks at her long and hard, and says, "I'm glad we got that straight."
- Then he leaves.
- We see the outside of an airport terminal.
- The scene shifts to a sweaty, yapping Goose, who happens to be wearing sunglasses.
- He's telling Maverick what he told his wife: Top Gun is exhausting.
- Goose and Maverick walk out to the tarmac and greet Goose's wife and son.
- Goose's wife tells Maverick that Goose told her that he's in love with one of his instructors (Charlie).
- Goose jokingly gets on his wife for letting out the "secret" he told her.
More on Top Gun