- The hop is over, and the Top Gun pilots are waiting for the showers.
- Maverick is in a towel, and he seems upset that he made a mistake.
- Jester comes in, and praises him, but then scolds him too: "That was some of the best flying I've seen yet, right up to the part where you got killed. You never, never leave your wingman."
- Then, it's Iceman's turn, who also takes a dig at Maverick: "Maverick, it's not your flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse than the enemy. You're dangerous and foolish."
- Maverick seems to know he's let Goose down again, and during Iceman's little speech, he approaches his pal.
- Goose tries to look at things in a positive light, reminding Maverick that Viper got Iceman before he and Jester got them.
- Maverick knows he was stupid, and tells Goose it'll never happen again.
- Goose says he knows it won't.
- Hmm, is this Goose's way of saying "I know it won't because I'll quit if it does?"
- That's a good question.
- Well, Maverick needs some time for reflection in his quarters after all of that.
- Some sad music is playing while he pulls a photo out of his wallet.
- It's clearly he and his father. Maverick is sitting on his dad's shoulders, and there's a jet in the background.
- Maverick is thinking about his family history again, something we know has been on his mind throughout the film.