Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Maverick and Charlie are approaching in Charlie's car. She's driving.
- They pull over, and exchange a few words (Maverick still can't figure it out).
- She says she's there if he needs her. It looks like he's at one of the Top Gun school buildings.
- We see Goose's wife, sitting in a very comfortable chair, her son in the chair in front.
- Maverick enters, goes into Goose's room, and starts picking up some stuff: his sunglasses, a picture of him and Maverick, his dog tags.
- He tries to go into the room where Goose's wife is, but he can't do it and breaks down against the door.
- Finally, he gets it together and goes in to be with her.
- She says through her tears, "God he loved flying with you Maverick." Then she gets up and hugs him.
- Goose would have flown without Maverick, she says.
- This seems to be her way of saying Maverick needs to keep at it, even without his partner in crime, Goose.
- Maverick is in what looks like a small courtroom. A Navy official declares that the F-14 crash was caused by a "disruption of airflow into the starboard engine."
- He goes into more detail, but the final verdict is the key point: Maverick is not at fault.
- He is restored to "flight status" and can go back up anytime.
- Some ominous, 80's synth music starts playing as Maverick leaves.
- Viper and Jester are at the back of the room.
- Viper leans over to Jester and says, "Get him up flying, soon."
- Well okay then Viper.
More on Top Gun