Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Scottie waits for Judy at her apartment and is awed when she returns looking almost exactly like Madeleine.
- It's not quite right, though. Judy reluctantly complies with Scottie's request that she apply the finishing touch by putting her hair up exactly the way Madeleine used to.
- Judy goes into the bathroom to fix her hair, and when she comes out, it's as if Madeleine has returned.
- Hitchcock bathes her in an eerie green light to make the moment even more surreal.
- Scottie, in a daze, grabs her and kisses her passionately.
- Their kiss transports Scottie back to the stables at San Juan Bautista, where he had kissed Madeleine. The makeover is complete.
More on Vertigo