- EVE leads WALL-E to an escape pod, which will blast him back to Earth.
- He gets inside happily, but EVE isn't going with him.
- He rolls outside of the pod and won't go back in.
- Suddenly, the elevator appears, and the two robots hide.
- The little GO-4 bot rolls in and deposits the plant—the plant!—inside the pod and programs it to blast off.
- WALL-E goes in to get the plant, but ends up blasting off with the pod!
- EVE ejects herself to chase after the escape pod.
- Inside the pod, WALL-E sees that it's been set to self-destruct, like it's a message to Inspector Gadget instead of a rescue pod.
- Before EVE can reach the pod, it blows up.