We haven't seen a love story between two robots as romantic as this since Star Wars. Wait, C-3PO and R2-D2 weren't in love? Hmm. Well, if they ever decide to do a spin off…
Anyway, WALL-E is a story of intergalactic love, and not just the love between a trash compacter and a flying iPhone but a love for fellow man and love for the blue planet that we all call home… whether we're human, robot, or cockroach.
Questions About Love
- How does WALL-E learn about love? Is love what he expects it to be, or is it surprising?
- What does WALL-E love about EVE? What does EVE love about WALL-E?
- Do the humans, besides John and Mary, experience any sort of love (besides a love for food)?
- What does the Captain love about the Axiom? What does he love about Earth? Why does he choose Earth? Do you think Earth will live up to his expectations?
- Are any of the other robots capable of love?
Chew on This
WALL-E loves EVE at first sight because he loves almost all new objects the moment he lays eyes on them. He's a collector.
EVE, though, only loves WALL-E when she's able to see how much he cares about her. She's much more practical, and needs a concrete reason to take action.