Advertisement - Guide continues below
Shall We Dance?
- The dance is in full swing until Maria arrives.
- The Jets and Sharks separate until the social worker (who bears a suspicious resemblance to Gomez Addams) breaks the tension with some announcements.
- The attempt to bring peace on earth through dance slowly dissolves into a mambo battle where each group displays their moves.
- Who knew? Apparently white guys can really dance. Of course, they had help from Jerome Robbins.
- In the chaos, Tony and Maria see each other from across the room and lock eyes.
- The music slows and the rest of the scene fades away like they're the only two people in the room.
- Bernardo bursts in to separate them.
- Maria's dragged off and Tony's left still in a daze.
- Riff and Bernardo agree to a war council.