It's no Marvel Cinematic Universe, but When Harry Met Sally has its own scrappy crew of followers who show their love through fanfiction, sweet merch, and dissections of its every scene.
For some When Harry Met Sally fanfic, you might take a look at Fanfiction.net or Wattpad. Folks write all kinds of clever stories—with the original characters, with other characters in the place of Harry and Sally, you name it.
Or maybe you're into flaunting your deep love of When Harry Met Sally with apparel and souvenirs? The Interwebs have got you covered. Our personal favorite? The baby fish mouth mug.
Since When Harry Met Sally was released in 1989, 2014 marked its 25th anniversary. If you needed confirmation that the When Harry Met Sally fandom is alive and well, look no further. Dozens of articles appeared in all sorts of media celebrating the movie's enduring influence and general awesomeness. Add that to the many articles over the years that have picked apart the screenplay, marveled at the actors' performances, or championed it as the pinnacle of the rom com genre, and yeah, we'd say When Harry Met Sally is doing just fine.
Oh, and then there's this.
Of course, if you ask Shmoop, one of the biggest reasons When Harry Met Sally has endured in our rom-com-loving hearts is that it's just so wonderfully quotable. There's a When Harry Met Sally line for every occasion:
- Madly in love? How about "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"?
- Just plain mad? Try "It's amazing. You look like a normal person, but actually you are the angel of death."
- Can't decide what to order at the diner? "I'll have what she's having" never fails.
- In need of a moment of mansplaining? Harry's got you covered: "There are two kinds of women: high-maintenance and low-maintenance."
- Need a quippy comeback when someone tries to mansplain women to you? Try this zinger: "You are a human affront to all women and I am a woman."
- Snorkeling and see a tiny fish eating lunch? "BABY FISH MOUTH."