When Harry Met Sally Scene 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- A few minutes later, they've finished their meal, and Sally is splitting the bill.
- Harry's staring at her. Uh oh.
- He tells her she's very attractive. At first, Sally's flattered, and then it hits her: he's hitting on her.
- Or at least that's what she thinks.
- Harry denies it. "Can't a man say a woman is attractive without it being a come-on?"
- He tries to take it back, but according to Sally, it's already out there. They've got to let it lie.
- Harry has never let a thing lie in his life. He invites her to spend the night in the hotel.
- Sally tells him that they're just going to be friends, but Harry says no dice.
- See, according to Harry, "men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way."
- Surprise, surprise: Sally disagrees. She's got tons of dude friends.
- Yeah, who all want to sleep with you, Harry says.
- Guess we can't be friends then, Sally says.
- The next day, the two arrive in New York and part ways in Greenwich Village. They shake hands, tell each other to "have a nice life," and that's about it.
- End of movie.
- Wait. That can't be right…