Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Scene 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The crew pays final respects to Mr. Spock before firing his body in a proton torpedo to the newly formed Genesis Planet (formerly Regula).
- Kirk tries to read in his quarters, but he can't get settled and he breaks his glasses.
- David arrives, telling Kirk that Spock was wise enough to understand the magnitude of his sacrifice, and that Kirk needs to accept that facing death is just as important as fighting for life.
- Oh, also: that David is really super proud to be Kirk Jr.
- They hug, happy feels all around, and Kirk returns to the bridge to watch the sunrise on the Genesis Planet: fulfilled and at peace.
- Down on the Genesis Planet, we see Spock's torpedo coffin resting amid the ferns.
- Spock's voice delivers the famous "space, the final frontier" line as we whoosh off into the stars and the credits roll.