Young Frankenstein Scene 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The train arrives in Transylvania.
- Dr. Frankenstein waits on the platform; creepy steps approach in the mist.
- A little man with big bug eyes sidles up next to him. It's Igor. He insists it's pronounced "eye-gor." His grandfather worked for Victor Frankenstein.
- Dr. Frankenstein says he's a "brilliant surgeon" and can help him with his hump. Igor responds, "What hump?"
- After a brief "walk this way" gag, Igor escorts him to the wagon.
- Frankenstein tosses his bag in the back and it lands on Inga, his laboratory assistant.
- "Hello. Would you like to have a roll in ze hay?" she asks when he peeks inside. "It's fun! Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!" she sings as she literally rolls in the hay.
- On the wagon ride, she clings to the doctor whenever lightning strikes.
- A wolf howls. "Werewolf," Inga says. "There wolf," says Igor. "There castle." We're definitely in a Mel Brooks movie.