Young Frankenstein Scene 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At the castle, Igor bangs on the door. It's loud, and Frankenstein remarks, "What knockers!"
- "Thank you doctor," Inga blushingly responds.
- Frau Blucher opens the door. "I am Frau Blucher." The horses rear and whinny in fear.
- Dr. Frankenstein introduces Inga to Frau Blucher. The horses whinny.
- She invites them into the castle. "After you, Frau Blucher," says Frankenstein. The horses whinny.
- Igor carries the bags inside, but peeks his head back out and says "Blucher!" to the horses. They whinny on cue.
- Frau Blucher (whinny) leads them up the stairs with a candle-holder of unlit candlesticks.
- In Frankenstein's room, there's a portrait of Frederick already there. Oh, it's not him; the portrait is of his grandfather, Victor, who looks just like him. Foreshadowing alert.
- Frankenstein wonders where the real library is, but Frau Blucher says these are the only books she knows.
- Frau Blucher asks if he wants a brandy? No. Warm milk? No. Ovaltine?
- Before she leaves, she whispers "Good night, doctor" and kisses Victor's portrait.
- Then she wishes Frankenstein goodnight. "Good night, Frau Blucher," he says. The horses whinny.