Young Frankenstein Scene 8
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Dr. Frankenstein has put in the new brain and is now waiting for lightning to strike.
- Inga raises the platform with the body and the doctor on it.
- The doctor gives a dramatic speech about ascending into the heavens and mocking science and nature, yada yada yada. This is going to go well.
- Igor throws all the switches, and the machine almost explodes.
- Lightning strikes, and the monster glows from within.
- The doctor has Igor turn off the machine and has Inga bring him back down.
- The body is smoking as it is lowered into the lab…
- It's not moving, though. The experiment failed! Angry, Dr. Frankenstein hits the body with his fist.
- He's in good spirits, though. "If science teaches us anything, it teaches us to accept our failures as well as our successes. With quiet dignity and grace."
- Then he freaks out and tries to strangle the corpse, even though it's already, you know, dead.
- Inga and Igor restrain the doctor and carry him away.