Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The TTC advises us to empty ourselves in order to find peace.
- When we're empty, we can truly see all the stuff going on around us.
- When we find tranquility, we return to our own true nature, which is just a part of a larger natural cycle.
- There's a clarity in knowing that we're part of a constant natural flow.
- If we're disconnected from the flow, we cause all kinds of trouble.
- If we accept it impartially, then we can get rid of the self and be at one with the eternal Tao.
More on Tao Te Ching