Advertisement - Guide continues below
- This chapter takes the idea of humility and applies it to the way that large, powerful countries ought to behave.
- If large countries are humble, then they'll retain their influence.
- If large countries spend all their time bossing around all the other countries, they'll eventually fall and will be taken over by the smaller countries they used to pick on.
- You can take this advice and apply it to your own life as well.
- When you're the boss, don't be a jerk to your employees.
- When you're rising up through the ranks, don't be ruthless.
- You never know when you might lose your power and need a helping hand.
More on Tao Te Ching