How to Thank Your Recommenders Article Type: Tasty Bits
The best part about asking a teacher to serve as your recommender is that you get to thank them afterwards. Knowing this makes asking for their help a bit easier.
Here are 12 ideas of how to show your teachers how grateful you are for their time and help:
- Write a hand-written thank-you note expressing how they have helped you. No one ever gets hand-written letters anymore. This is perhaps the nicest thing you can do. No matter how you thank your teacher, be sure to include a hand-written note.
- Gift certificates are great.
Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, local coffee shops, local restaurants, smoothie store
Home Depot (everyone also likes a good hardware store)
- Flowers are always a nice touch. Or a plant for their classrooms/desks.
- If you like to knit or sew, how about making them a blanket or a hat?
- Tickets to the local museum, gallery, ballet, symphony, concert, theater, or sports event.
- Create a video thanking them for their help.
- Serenade them at lunchtime.
- Better yet, bring them a delicious snack one day. Homemade cookies are always a hit.
- Wash their car.
- Offer to babysit their children (if they have children).
- Write a letter of recommendation for your teacher and give it to him/her.
- See where we’re going with this? You can get creative!
There are many ways to thank your recommenders. Remember, your teachers are rooting for you. They want you to do well. So don’t be afraid to ask them for help.