The Job Search
Like night vision goggles for your job search
Let's face it: job hunting sucks. After about the twentieth time being rejected for yet another position because you don't have the experience that you'll only get if someone gives you a job that you can't get without having experience...we don't blame you if you're ready to thrown in the towel—or roll it into a tube and whip something with it.
But there are ways to make job hunting suck less without doing violent things with towels. It all starts with:
- Figuring out what you actually want to do and what you're qualified to do, so you can apply for positions that are really a good fit.
- Knowing where and how to look for jobs.
And most importantly,
- Building a network that connects you to the people who are giving out jobs.
This course teaches you how to do all that stuff so you can save your towels for something more appropriate...like drying stuff.
Unit 1. The Job Search
This is it. You have to get a job. Where do you start? What will you do? This course helps you answer all of those questions in 5 short lessons. We'll start by helping you figure out what you want to do and what you're good at, help you navigate the seas of the internet to find some job options, and give you the deets on networking.
in affordable packages. GET A QUOTE FOR YOUR
SCHOOL OR DISTRICT
- Course Length: 1 weeks
- Grade Levels: 11, 12, College
- Course Type: Short Course
- Business and Career Preparation
Just what the heck is a Shmoop Online Course?