AP® Comparative Government and Politics
What's your policy on…?
Can't tell Mexico from Nigeria…or, uh, the United Kingdom, Russia, Iran, and China? Shmoop's guide to AP Comparative Government & Politics will have you comparing their politics (not to mention their governments) in no time at all.
In this guide, you'll learn
- the differences between comparing governments and comparing politics.
- what political scientists really mean when they talk about cleavages in politics (hint: not what you think).
- the nitty-gritty on the six countries you'll need to know.
You won't need a Venn diagram (you might, no promises) to get your compare game on.
What's Inside Shmoop's Online AP Comparative Government & Politics Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
Inside the AP Comparative Government & Politics guide, you'll find
- a diagnostic exam to figure out where you're struggling before you even begin.
- two full-length practice exams that mimic the look and feel of the exam.
- answer explanations to help figure out where you went wrong…or right.
- test-taking tips to help you break down a lengthy exam.
- loads of practice drills.
- review of comparative politics, including purpose and methods of comparison and classification, concepts, and process and policy.
- refreshers on sovereignty, authority, and power; including nations and states, sources of power, constitutions, and more.
- checkups on political institutions, including levels of government, elections, party systems, and more.
- review of citizens, society, and the state; including cleavages and politics, media roles, and more.
- information on political and economic change, including trends and types of political change, globalization and fragmentation, and more.
- review of public policy, including common policy issues and public policymaking and implementation.
We have online Test Prep for each and every AP Exam!
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB & BC
- AP Capstone
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Italian Language and Culture
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics B
- AP Physics C
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP World History
AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.