Cite This Page
Abner Snopes Timeline and Summary
- Abner gets away with burning Mr. Harris' barn, but is told to leave town, which he planned to do anyway.
- He accuses Sarty of planning to testify against him and then hits him.
- The next day, he arrives with his family at the de Spain farm and tracks horse poop on a white rug in the de Spain mansion.
- When de Spain brings the rug to him, he directs his daughter in washing it, and then returns the rug to de Spain.
- When de Spain charges him twenty bushels of corn for the damage, Abner takes de Spain to court.
- That night, he sets the de Spain barn on fire, and possibly is shot.