Book of Job
Book of Job Chapter 2 Summary
No, Not More…
- God gets back to bragging about Job, and Satan, once again, doesn't buy it.
- This time, God gives Satan permission to hurt Job physically, something he wouldn't let him do last time. Just don't kill him, God says.
- Satan's method of choice? Give Job sores from his tippy-toes to his noggin.
- Job's wife apparently doesn't find this attractive, because she suggests that he curse God and die. But Job refuses to be disloyal.
- Job's buddies Eliphaz, Zophar, and Bildad come to visit and chill with him while he rolls around in ash and sackcloth. This is standard all procedure, don't worry.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search