Book of Job Chapter 2 Summary
No, Not More…
- God gets back to bragging about Job, and Satan, once again, doesn't buy it.
- This time, God gives Satan permission to hurt Job physically, something he wouldn't let him do last time. Just don't kill him, God says.
- Satan's method of choice? Give Job sores from his tippy-toes to his noggin.
- Job's wife apparently doesn't find this attractive, because she suggests that he curse God and die. But Job refuses to be disloyal.
- Job's buddies Eliphaz, Zophar, and Bildad come to visit and chill with him while he rolls around in ash and sackcloth. This is standard all procedure, don't worry.
Next Page: Chapter 3
Previous Page: Chapter 1