The Canterbury Tales: General Prologue & Frame Story
Cite This Page
The Canterbury Tales: General Prologue & Frame Story Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do the pilgrims seem like real people, or more like symbols / caricatures of real people?
- Why is the frame story important? What does it add to the individual tales?
- Is there any rhyme or reason to the order in which the pilgrims tell their tales?
- Why do The Canterbury Tales end with a sermon and a retraction?
- Why does Chaucer make himself the character who (supposedly) is the worst at speaking in verse?