Recruiting Email Template Article Type: Tasty Bits
Here we take on the character of Sulley, who wishes to be recruited by Coach Scream, head of the Scare Team at Monsters University.
Dear Coach Scream,
My name is James Sullivan, and I am extremely interested in becoming a part of your Scare Team. Currently a junior, I will graduate high school in 2020. I scare for the varsity team at North Pixar High School in Disney, California. I also participate in scaring around the year with my club team, the Growlers.
I believe that I would be a great fit for your scare program. Last year I was named MVP of our league, and I broke the season scare record with 548 points. My physical presence along with my intuition allow me to maximize my scaring potential each chance I get. I am also a great team player—you can always find me on the sidelines quizzing my teammates, getting them prepped for competition.
All my life I have been a die-hard Monsters University fan, and I know that there is no better school for me. As a huge science nerd, I am interested in becoming a doctor. The information I have read on the Pre-Med Program makes me believe that there would be many opportunities for me to realize that dream at Monsters U. I have sent you a highlight reel showcasing my abilities in the mail, and it should arrive any day. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you have!
Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to learning more about Monsters University and speaking with you about the possibility of joining your Scare Team.
-James (or, as my team calls me, Sulley)
- Everything You Need to Know About Recommendation Letters
- How Important are Recommendation Letters?
- Who to Ask, When to Ask, and How to Ask for a Recommendation Letter
- What Makes a Good Recommendation Letter (and what makes a crummy one)
- Recommendation Letter Request Template
- How to Thank Your Recommenders
- Who's Reading Your College Essay
- The Four Most Common Types of College Essays and How to Approach Them
- Brainstorming and Outlining Your Essay
- Writing Your Essay
- Editing Your Essay
- Eleven Essay Mistakes to Avoid Like the Plague
- Essay vs. the Rest of the Application
- Examples of Awesome Personal Statements
- Advice from Current Students: Essay Specific
- College Essay Lab
- Getting Recruited
- Everything You Need to Know About Marketing Yourself
- Checklist for Marketing Yourself
- Right Fit Mentality for Athletes
- Seven Myths about the Recruiting Process
- NCAA vs. Division I, II, and III
- A Day in the Life of a College Athlete
- A Checklist of Dont's
- Recruiting Emails
- Recruiting Email Template
- Top 10 Athletes from the Ivy Leagues