The Cremation of Sam McGee
by Robert Service
The Cremation of Sam McGee Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- We assume you’ve never cremated a frozen body, but have you ever promised a friend that you’d do something tough and then followed through on it?
- Do you think this poem is more funny or creepy? Or is it funny because it’s creepy? Or creepy because it’s funny?
- Does this poem make you want to go camping?
- Is this poem as much fun once you know what’s coming? When you read it a second time, did you miss the feeling of being surprised?
- Do you ever feel bad for Sam, or for the speaker, or is that not even the point of this poem?
- Were going to ask you the age-old question: would you rather freeze to death or burn to death?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...