A Doll's House
by Henrik Ibsen
A Doll's House Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do today's women face the same sort of barriers that women did in Nora's time?
- In what ways is Torvald caged by societal expectations? What about the other men in the play? Krogstad? Dr. Rank?
- How would the play be different if it were set in a country other than Norway?
- Would the play still be as relevant if it were set in modern times?
- Some critics say the play doesn't give Nora enough time to come to such a life altering conclusion. What do you think?