Federal Bureaucracy Questions
There's more than one right answer.
- Could the federal bureaucracy operate more effectively?
- Or are its flaws the inevitable consequence of the democratic processes that created it?
- How might the federal bureaucracy be reformed?
- Which branch of government has greater influence over the federal bureaucracy?
- Why does Congress create "independent" agencies?
- Are "independent" agencies consistent with the Constitution's vesting of the executive power in the president?
- Are "legislative vetoes" and "report and wait provisions" legitimate Congressional devices?
- What do the examples of the airline and mortgage industries teach us about government deregulation?
- Should more or less regulations be imposed on the airline industry?
- Who or what is most responsible for the 2008 mortgage crisis?
- Does the federal bureaucracy have a mostly positive or mostly negative impact on American society? Why?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search