King of the Bingo Game Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What might "King of the Bingo Game" look like as a full-length novel? Why might Ellison have chosen to use the short story form instead?
- Is "King of the Bingo Game" applicable to types of oppression other than racism?
- Do you understand the story as being ultimately optimistic or pessimistic? What makes you think so?
- Is Laura the protagonist's wife? What clues are we given about their relationship? How does her character function in the story? (Check out her "Character Analysis" if you want some more thoughts.)
- Is Ellison offering or condoning any one solution to the social problems he explores in this story? Or is he simply observing and describing what he sees around him?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...