Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- First, read this quote: "From all you've said about him, I can only conclude—" (1.5). That's Robert about to reveal his opinion of the narrator in the tape the woman plays. What do you think Robert might have concluded? On what do you base your answers?
- Is "Cathedral" funny? Offensive? Explain your answer.
- Would the story be different if a kind of building other than a cathedral was featured? Why or why not?
- Why are Robert and Beulah named, but not the narrator and his wife?
- Have you seen any movies featuring blind people? Do you feels the same way about them as you did before you read the story? Why or why not?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...