The Displaced Person
by Flannery O'Connor
The Displaced Person Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- In what ways might the various characters all be displaced persons?
- If this story was set in the modern day, how would it be different? How might it be the same?
- Who is your favorite character in "The Displaced Person"? Why?
- Who is the wisest character in the short story?
- Are there acts of kindness in the story? If so, what are they? Does Mrs. McIntyre perform any kind acts?
- Are there funny parts to "A Displaced Person"? If so, why do you find them funny? If not, why do you think the story is humorless?
- What do you make of Mrs. Shortley vision of a being with wheels and eyes?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...