Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Could Mrs. Alving possibly have lived happily with her husband, if she knew then what she knows now?
- What exactly did Oswald do in Paris that makes him believe he earned syphilis?
- Is Pastor Manders still in love with Mrs. Alving?
- Why are some people duty-oriented, while others freedom-oriented?
- Did Engstrand set the fire on purpose?
- Do you think Mrs. Alving was wrong to cover up the truth about her husband? Do you know anyone who has done something similar?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search