Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Could Mrs. Alving possibly have lived happily with her husband, if she knew then what she knows now?
- What exactly did Oswald do in Paris that makes him believe he earned syphilis?
- Is Pastor Manders still in love with Mrs. Alving?
- Why are some people duty-oriented, while others freedom-oriented?
- Did Engstrand set the fire on purpose?
- Do you think Mrs. Alving was wrong to cover up the truth about her husband? Do you know anyone who has done something similar?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...