Giovanni's Room Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- To what extent is David responsible for what happened to Giovanni? To what extent were events outside of his control?
- What was David running from or searching for when he left his home in Brooklyn? If running, did he ever get away from it? If searching, did he ever find it?
- What role might Giovanni's experience in his Italian village play in his current relationship with David? In his relationships with men in general?
- How important is Hella to the story? Is she as complete and complex a character as David and Giovanni?
- What is the significance of Giovanni's room?