The God of Small Things Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- If you had to pick one moment from the novel that you think is to blame for Sophie Mol's death, which would it be, and why?
- Is this a novel about an event (Sophie Mol's death), or is it about Rahel and Estha's relationship as brother and sister?
- If you could interview any of the characters, who would it be, and what three questions would you ask?
- Do you think the events of the novel were inevitable, or did a bunch of bad things just happen to take place at the same time?
- Which characters change over time? Which ones stay the same?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...