Harrison Bergeron Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What are the benefits to everyone being equal? What are the drawbacks? Should everyone be equal?
- How do you define equality? Are the citizens of the United States in 2081 truly "equal"? How about citizens today?
- Did Harrison's rebellion accomplish anything?
- Why was Harrison able to break the basic laws of gravity after freeing himself from handicaps?
- Why aren't George and Hazel more affected by seeing the death of their son on TV?
- If Harrison were allowed to declare himself Emperor, how do you think he would have changed society? Would it have been better, worse, or the same?
- What handicaps does society impose on people today? Are all talented people encouraged to develop their talents? If so, how? If not, why not?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search