Sam and Eric Timeline and Summary
- We meet Sam and Eric at the first gathering of the boys on the island. Piggy is sure to ask and remember their names.
- Jack calls the twins “Samneric” while they all pig-hunt together.
- Sam and Eric are tending the fire when they see “the beast,” which we all know is actually a dead parachuting man.
- Once Jack has announced his feast, Sam and Eric are the only boys left with Piggy, Ralph, and Simon.
- But that doesn’t last long; they end up at the feast.
- They are there along with all the other boys when Simon is brutally murdered.
- The next day, they try to deny (along with Ralph and Piggy) that they were at the feast when Simon’s death occurred.
- Sam and Eric hang out with Piggy and Ralph while they try to figure out what the game plan is.
- The twins fight with each other for the first time since they’ve arrived at the island.
- After Jack’s savages steal Piggy’s glasses, the twins go with Piggy and Ralph to get them back.
- The twins, despite their protesting are tied up at Jack’s request.
- Jack demands they join his tribe, and Roger advances menacingly toward them.
- The twins whisper with Ralph after they’ve joined Jack’s tribe. They try to help him without getting caught themselves, and provide us with some more insight as to how horrible Roger really is. They let Ralph know about the sharpened stick in store for him, and give him some food before sending him on his way.
- Threatened by Jack, the twins are forced to give up Ralph’s hiding spot.
Next Page: Percival Timeline
Previous Page: Roger