Rabbit, Run Chapter 11 Summary
- Rabbit feels like Eccles has freed him from underground hibernation.
- He gets dressed and tries to communicate with Ruth.
- He thinks she isn’t sleeping and he tries again.
- He tries again to tell her he’s going to see Janice and the baby.
- When she doesn’t move, he’s afraid he somehow killed her. (It’s not clear whether he means because of the blowjob, or because of going to Janice.)
- He tries again and, when she doesn’t answer, he threatens not to return if she doesn’t answer this time. She does not.
- He knows he could wake her if he touched her, but “he doesn’t like being manipulated and grows angry.”